I use Django for my website and I want to know whether there is a work around for testing secure pages in Development server. As a temporary workaround, I wont use HTTP to check the webpages in dev server, which I think is not a correct way? What do you think?
-
The Django development server is very basic and intended for local testing only. It does not support ssl/https. You'll have to run it using Apache, NGINX, or some other web server that supports SSL in order to test.
-
You might consider
mod_wsgi, since it can be used for development, testing, and deployment.mod_wsgican be configured to detect any changes to you make to your Python code and automatically restart, same as the development server.I tend to do most of my development on my local machine, but use an actual reference implementation server for testing. It's running mod_wsgi under apache, with a self-signed certificate. A recent detailed article by Graham Dumpleton is available here:
http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2008/12/using-modwsgi-when-developing-django.html
Maddy : what do you mean by "self-signed certificate"?? -
You can now use FakeSSLMiddleware
0 comments:
Post a Comment